Samstag, 24. September 2016

Dumplings - First Try

Hello again!! Yesterday I watched a video again from one of my favourite cookers of YouTube (Maangchi) when she made dumplings. And today I tried them :) I already bought a bamboo steamer ( amazon ;) if your asian store near your place doesn't have any) months ago because I wanted to try it out and I love it!!!! Also the smell during cooking of the bamboo steamer is sooo great and I can relax XD
Thanks to the video of Maangchi I made also the dumpling skin which is really easy and you don't need so much ingredients or time
here is the link of her video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0bliFUHiVA&index=17&list=PLAeiyRhG7lamXGMNSOMNlO0j_fOQ6dP2r

And now I'm showing you all my result of trying it out XD
These are the dumpling wrappers or dumpling skin :) however you want to call it XD

And that's my first try to make a dumpling with the right shape XD sorry.. I'm not an expert but I want to cook it more often then ...maybe... it looks much better ;)





I filled my dumplings with some vegetables because I wanted them to be veggie :) I used potatoes, zucchini, carrots and mixed them together in a big bowl :) But Maangchi has also some other mandus (korean dumplings) with other fillings  I really can recommend her videos and also her blog :) where you can share your food you tried to make with the whole maangchi community.  But I also follow Ochikeron ... she is also  a great cooker and she's from japan :) her videos make me also want to cook :) and her ideas are also great. If any of you need some inspiration what to cook next watch these 2 ladys and you've got many inspiration :)
Now back to my first dumplings...
I have to say I'm really surprised that they tasted really good XD and if anyone want to know which sauce I used .. it is teriyaki but you can also  use of course soya or fish sauce  whatever you like more :) When I'm going to make some bentos again I'll also share them with you guys :) so look forward to it XD I wish everyone a nice day :)

mata ne

Martina (マルテイナ)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen